While it doesn’t exactly feel like Fall yet i’m starting to crave sweaters and walks through the neighborhood. Here is a quick roundup of some items on my wish-list as the seasons start to shift:
Hello, friends! Spring has finally decided to arrive in KC and I'm loving it! This month has been a whirlwind — two of my close friends got married, I traveled to Gulf Shores with our St. Louis friends for one last trip before they all finish school, and this weekend I have a bachelorette party. I'm a little exhausted but it has all been totally worth it, so many happy memories. I've also made a few purchases this month I will share below, but my favorite find was Spencer Charles new script alphabet Sinistral Hand — designed especially for lefties like me!
- I've also been admiring Nick Matej's work this month, it's wonderful.
- Kelly's closet doors have my wheels spinning for some projects at the house.
- Ever since watching the documentary about Iris Apfel I love reading articles about her. These photos are awesome too.
- I know renovating our bathroom is a looong way off, but I'm saving these ideas.
- Think.Make.Share. hosted a maker exchange and so many of my talented friends participated! I would love to do this with my friends outside of work too.
- Always on the hunt for great clean beauty options
- This month I won an Instagram give-away from Enjoy! If you live in KC definitely try them out, their green mojito smoothie is my absolute favorite.
- I also am testing out Branch Basics multi-purpose cleaner this month and so far so good!
- One of my friends is getting married later this Summer and I knew this would be the perfect dress for the occasion, can't wait for it to arrive! Congrats Julia, the collection is beautiful!
- And last but not least, I am headed to New York next week and loved reading about some great places to take pictures in the city.
And I'm off to enjoy the sunshine!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.
Happy Easter, everyone!
While this month is not quite over yet, it has been full of exciting and nerve-wracking times/decisions, all building up to BIG things happening next month. I can't wait to go into more details, but let's just say I have packed way too many things into the last few weeks. There were also a lot of happy highlights as well like spending time with our friends in STL, celebrating Galentine's Day with my dear work friends, eating at Lidia's in KC with my family for my birthday, recruiting for Hallmark at KU, having a weekend at home over my actual birthday, and finally I will be heading to Dallas this weekend for a bachelorette party! And between Valentine's Day and Spring on its way the finds around the web did not dissapoint this month:
- I loved this quote created by Tessa Forrest. Follow her on Instagram @subliming.jpg and take a peek at her Society6 shop!
- I need to remember these floral cookies for next Valentine's Day
- A few dreamy Paris pictures
- Have you been watching the Olympics?? I think I prefer the Winter Games, and I loved seeing people create some lettering to celebrate.
- While the donut peg boards are always great, this heart shaped one takes the cake!
- Thought-provoking small changes
- Finding an occastion to make this DIY happen... so cute!
- Can't go wrong with paper flower inspiration
- Beautiful outdoor wedding decor.
- And finally two purchases I made this month: I broke my beloved bkr, so I bought a new glass bottle for my insert, and I got the full size of my favorite January Oui Fresh beauty box item!
Ready or not, it's almost March!
Happy Friday, friends! It has finally started to feel like Fall but I definitely enjoyed the warmer weather we had most of the month. This October had some big moments — I moved back to my original team at Hallmark in the lettering studio, we celebrated Dale's 26th birthday, my sister Sophie spent her birthday weekend visiting us in St. Louis, and of course we attended a Halloween party (with our whole group dressed as Mario Kart). Here are a few of my favorite finds this month:
- I loved Paper & Stitch's Fall Style Guide, I am feeling inspired to start making my own real mood boards.
- Dreaming of Dubai...
- This moon party would be lovely, Halloween season or not.
- A beautiful home in LA, especially the light and airy pink bedroom.
- Mustard inspiration.
- Sugar & Cloth shared this beautiful pillow DIY, and my only hesitation is whether or not our kitty Otto would destroy it...
- One of the highlights of my month was receiving my first Oui Fresh Beauty Box! I have to say I am really impressed with the quality and selection in the first box, I can't wait for my November one to arrive.
- These blush boots are on my wish list.
- I'm planning on testing out this minestrone recipe next month!
- So many statement sleeves
Hello, friends! Here is my second annual "Back-to-School" wish list as a working adult. This year my littlest sister is headed to middle school (!) and I am trying my best to enjoy some of the same back-to-school excitement she is feeling even thought I am just headed to work per usual. Here are a few things I would love this Fall:
1. Anthropologie Wynne Journal
2. Easy Tiger Co. Coffee Snob Stackable Mug
3. Lulu Frost Plaza Letter Necklace – Pearl Chain
4. Gaia Olivia Bag
5. J.Crew Striped Button-Up Shirt with Ruffles
6. Rifle Paper Co. Queen Anne Keds (I already ordered these!)
7. Ban.do Pom Pom Earrings Dusty Pink
8. Herbivore Blue Tansy Resurfacing Clarity Mask
Summer has officially arrived, and I can't believe June is already coming to a close! This month Dale and I spent time celebrating our friends' birthdays in Lawrence, I visited my cousin Liesel in Richmond, we celebrated Megan and Matt's wedding in Kansas City, and spent a weekend at home in St. Louis. Dale and I visited the Johnson Shut-Ins and had a lovely dinner at Scarlett's Wine Bar for our two year wedding anniversary! While not overly relaxing, this month was filled with time spent with our dearest friends and family and we still have more celebrations to look forward to this summer. This was also a busy month at work filled with special projects and work on cards I can't wait to share when they finally reach stores!
With the warm weather I have also been wanting to try making homemade popsicles, and the web did not disappoint with two (very different) recipes that both look delicious! The first is the Pitaya Popsicle from Glitter Guide, and the second is a frosé popsicle from Camille Styles. Here are some other finds this June:
- I loved browsing these beautiful cards by Moglea on Print & Pattern
- I'm always on the hunt for book and podcast suggestions — Grace's June reading list looks wonderful and I can't wait to listen to some of these Creative Podcast suggestions
- Think.Make.Share.'s terrarium ideas would be perfect gifts year-round beyond Father's Day
- This dress looks like the perfect summer addition to my wardrobe.
- Keeping this backdrop tip in mind for future parties!
- Dale and I are planning a Europe trip for next summer and are hoping to visit Southern France after Lisbon. Julia's photos from Provence and Victoria's guide to Lisbon have both been inspiring!
- I am in need of a new toiletry bag and I have my eye on this one from Mark and Graham.