I'm so excited to have enrolled in the Modern Calligraphy Summit 2.0! What really sold me was the tips for left-handed calligraphers. Before Christmas I was able to take a calligraphy workshop from Jim Fedor, and I know that this summit will get me practicing. Be on the lookout for a recap of my experience after the workshop!
Happy Monday, friends! This month has been tough. After returning from Chile I spent several weeks dealing with health issues and a chaotic time of year at work — alongside the general chaotic nature of current political events. That said, I'm very grateful to be feeling much better now. This month has given me a renewed sense of energy to take care of myself. A January highlight has been seeing many of the Valentine's Day cards I created for Hallmark in stores. Work chaos sometimes leads to wonderful opportunities and I think that this is definitely one of those times. I'm really excited to see how the work I am creating now develops. It's always motivating to see cards come to life on shelf. Now for a few favorites around the web:
- I found Wit & Delight's new studio space to be super inspiring. I'm very jealous of those in Minneapolis who will have the opportunity to use it!
- This month I saw La La Land (I know, so did everyone), but I loved Jimmy Fallon's Golden Globes Opening Number based off the opening scene in the movie almost as much as the movie itself.
- These photos stopped me in my tracks, I'm a big fan of Kaley From Kansas' photography, and her beautiful work this month for 100 Layer Cake.
- Keeping this DIY in mind for if/when I have a home studio someday!
- Loving Studio DIY's new balloon shop! I have my heart set on the Sparkle Emoji Ballons
- New to me Ceramics inspiration
- Some images from the Women's March
- Creative globe painting ideas from Think.Make.Share.
- I am constantly seeing Geronimo Balloons installations on Instagram and I enjoyed learning more about her in this interview.
- This Queen of Jet Lags post has me adding Amsterdam to my travel wish list.
- While I'm late to the party, this month I tried this Golden Milk recipe.
Here's to a healthier February hopefully filled with some winter sunshine!
I'm so thrilled to finally be able to share details of my contribution to Southern Weddings Magazine V9! I created lettering and paper goods design for their "Chapel Charm" feature, and I absolutely love how the shoot turned out. Head over to my portfolio to view the entire story and to see who all contributed to this lovely article. Take a look at Southern Wedding's blog post about the feature here, and behind he scenes photos here. I hope you love it just as much as I do!
I am so happy to share my wedding collection for Hallmark Gold Crown! It will be in stores through the end of the year. Designing this collection as a newlywed felt like the perfect way to complete my wedding festivities. You can find the whole collection online and in Hallmark Gold Crown Stores. I hope these cards help make someone in your life's wedding even more special. Enjoy!
Today's the day! I'm so thrilled to share spreads from the Chapel Charm feature in Southern Weddings Magazine Volume 9 that I contributed to! I created the paper goods and banner design for this story. Even more details are coming soon, but for now pick up a copy of the magazine for yourself! There are so many beautiful details you will want to see in person, as well as many other lovely stories. Enjoy!
Hello, friends! Between family obligations, weddings, and work October flew by. So while a bit delayed, here are a few of my favorites this month. First, I am SO excited to share that I am featured in Southern Weddings Magazine Volume 9! While it's official debut isn't until November 10th, the cover has been revealed. I'm thrilled at how the feature I contributed to turned out, and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to share more details!
- One of my favorite reads this month, shared by the Intelligent Change Weekly Email
- While Halloween has passed, I loved this DIY from Think.Make.Share. I can totally picture a Christmas version (or even Thanksgiving)
- I baked my first ever pie this month! This recipe turned out perfectly.
- This definitely gave me a few ideas for additions to my own pantry...
- Miami looks like the perfect place for a girls trip!
- Apple Cider is one of my favorite parts of Fall, and this Spiced Bourbon version looks delicious.
- Loved the simplicity and beauty of these invitations.