While it doesn’t exactly feel like Fall yet i’m starting to crave sweaters and walks through the neighborhood. Here is a quick roundup of some items on my wish-list as the seasons start to shift:
Hello, friends! This month I went to the lake with college friends, attended a wedding, spent a weekend at our family lake house, and went to a Royals game with Dale — the perfect end of summer fun! I'm just beginning to crave Fall, having wrapped up a bunch of projects at work this month it almost feels like back to school. One thing I will miss about Summer is all the flowers — I loved this floral centerpiece inspiration pictured below. Here are a few of my other favorites this month:
- I just purchased these knobs for an old dresser in our guest room!
- Got lots of ideas from this home tour.
- I love the idea of a rosé party!
- This dress isn't screaming Fall, but I'm obsessed with all the color.
- Thinking of making a similar DIY for our living room.
- I am constantly learning from Podcasts, take a look at this article from A Cup of Jo
- We tried these stuffed peppers this month, I'm really getting back in the mood for cooking.
- If I were in NYC I would LOVE to visit The Color Factory!
- And the prefect way to wrap up the month, an Autumn bucket list
Happy summer, friends! Between our Europe trip and settling back into real life at home this month has flown by. I'm really excited to get into a routine in our new house once Dale starts working July 1st! And of course there were still some great finds around the web this month, starting with this adorable pineapple cake I am planning on making when my sister Grace (who turned 14 this month!) comes over for a sleepover later this summer. Enjoy!
- I love the idea of a wedding theme based off a quote
- You can never have enough plants, or cute planters for them to live in.
- I've been loving my Branch Basics, this month I ordered the starter kit and I think it will now be my go-to cleaning product!
- A favorite dinner recipe we tried this month
- Though I've traveled quite a bit in the United States I am missing a lot of east coast states. Mackenzie's guide has me dreaming of visiting Nantucket!
- These slippers are at the top of my wish list..
- A really cool studio tour in St. Louis!
- Stunning paper flower bouquet based off the royal wedding!
Enjoy those long summer days!
Ciao! On June 1st we arrived in Italy, possibly my favorite country in the world. We took the train from Nice and headed straight to our next Airbnb to drop off our bags. First up was pizza (Dale's favorite food, so I was especially excited for him to experience this first pizza in Italy!). After eating we took a short nap before heading out to explore. We saw the Columns of San Lorenzo and then got coffee (and a lemon soda for me). We were lucky to be very centrally located so the Duomo was only a short walk from our Airbnb. That night we had dinner at a restaurant near the canals designed by Leonardo da Vinci before heading to bed.
The next morning we headed straight for the Duomo! On our way we grabbed coffee and croissants at a restaurant right by where we were staying and then got our tickets. The line moved pretty quickly, especially since we had chosen to take the stairs to the roof. We enjoyed the beautiful views of the city before entering the cathedral (the marble floor was my favorite part of the interior). By this point we were really hungry and found a restaurant a few blocks from the duomo for lunch. I ordered the pesto pasta and Dale of course had pizza. We had to get gelato for dessert, too. Next up we walked to the Francesco Sforza Castle before buying our train tickets to Lake Como for the next day. We had dinner at a different restaurant near the canals, and stopped by the Duomo so I could feed the pigeons! Milan is the perfect quick stop on the way to Lake Como, especially if you are in the mood for shopping. I can't wait to share our dreamy few days in Lake Como next!
Hello from France! At this point in our trip Dale and I are enjoying exploring the French countryside. I'm writing this post in advance, so I'm pretty excited to see what all we will have experienced by the point you are reading this! May has been an emotional month. In the past few weeks I travelled to New York for work, attended Hallmark CLS for the third time (and got to spend some time at the event with Jessica Hische!), watched my sister Sophie graduate from KU, attended a friend's wedding, and spent one last weekend in St. Louis celebrating Dale graduating from medical school! Some moments were bitter sweet, especially leaving our friends in St. Louis, but I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the festivities than in Europe. I still found time to gather a bit of inspiration, including perusing this lovely home in the Hamptons. Here are a few other favorites:
- A guide on propagating plants
- I haven't bought many new earrings lately, some of these are calling my name!
- Once we are home I can't wait to get back into the routine of cooking, these mini frittatas look delicious!
- Beautiful styling and inspiration for a bridal shower.
- Design tips to improve self care at home
- A tour of Oh So Beautiful Paper's Common Room Studio
- Still obsessing over this pool float
- Think.Make.Share. has me excited to make another weaving!