Today I attended Go Blog Social's St. Louis conference! The event took place in the beautiful Lumen Private Event Space and featured a full day of speakers and hands on opportunity to connect with other bloggers and business owners. I attended with my sister Sophie and we especially enjoyed, Julie Blanner's, talk on relationships with brands, the two discussion panels with local and out of town bloggers, and making flower crowns with Snapdragon Studio! Here are a few photos and takeaways:
- Be persistent, but very polite (when working with brands).
- Research and personalization for pitches is important.
- Produce high-quality photos and content.
- If you are persistent, luck has a way of finding you.
- Analyze your life and present environment; reinterpret to share with the world in a distinct way.
- Editing is vital, find good mentors to help with this process.
- Focus on the social media platforms you are most passionate about.
We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast and lunch by 23 City Blocks Catering! I especially loved the Olive Gelato (served in a frozen tomato) which is pictured below. Thanks, Go Blog Social, for a day full of learning/connecting with wonderful people and brands!