Happy summer, friends! Between our Europe trip and settling back into real life at home this month has flown by. I'm really excited to get into a routine in our new house once Dale starts working July 1st! And of course there were still some great finds around the web this month, starting with this adorable pineapple cake I am planning on making when my sister Grace (who turned 14 this month!) comes over for a sleepover later this summer. Enjoy!
- I love the idea of a wedding theme based off a quote
- You can never have enough plants, or cute planters for them to live in.
- I've been loving my Branch Basics, this month I ordered the starter kit and I think it will now be my go-to cleaning product!
- A favorite dinner recipe we tried this month
- Though I've traveled quite a bit in the United States I am missing a lot of east coast states. Mackenzie's guide has me dreaming of visiting Nantucket!
- These slippers are at the top of my wish list..
- A really cool studio tour in St. Louis!
- Stunning paper flower bouquet based off the royal wedding!
Enjoy those long summer days!
Hello from France! At this point in our trip Dale and I are enjoying exploring the French countryside. I'm writing this post in advance, so I'm pretty excited to see what all we will have experienced by the point you are reading this! May has been an emotional month. In the past few weeks I travelled to New York for work, attended Hallmark CLS for the third time (and got to spend some time at the event with Jessica Hische!), watched my sister Sophie graduate from KU, attended a friend's wedding, and spent one last weekend in St. Louis celebrating Dale graduating from medical school! Some moments were bitter sweet, especially leaving our friends in St. Louis, but I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the festivities than in Europe. I still found time to gather a bit of inspiration, including perusing this lovely home in the Hamptons. Here are a few other favorites:
- A guide on propagating plants
- I haven't bought many new earrings lately, some of these are calling my name!
- Once we are home I can't wait to get back into the routine of cooking, these mini frittatas look delicious!
- Beautiful styling and inspiration for a bridal shower.
- Design tips to improve self care at home
- A tour of Oh So Beautiful Paper's Common Room Studio
- Still obsessing over this pool float
- Think.Make.Share. has me excited to make another weaving!
Au Revoir For Now!
Hello, friends! Today I'm sharing another roundup of some of my recent favorites from Instagram. This is one of my favorite ways to gather inspiration, so without further ado:
In order of appearance:
Matisse Hales (@matisseh)
Grey Likes Weddings (@greylikes)
Papetal by Jennifer Tran (@_papetal_)
Wells Collins (@wellscollins)
Wanissa Somsuphangsri (@wanisssa)
Hallmark Signature (@hallmarksignature)
Hello, friends! Last week I had the opportunity to spend a few days in New York City and attend a freehand lettering workshop with Ken Barber! I haven't been to NYC since I was in elementary school so I was especially excited to explore the city. Here are a few photos from our first day which was free for shopping, market research, and we really made the most of it!
Our flight got in late Thursday afternoon and that night I went to Frozen on Broadway with a family friend. Beforehand we had a delicious dinner (pesto pasta!) at Trattoria Dell'Arte and walked through Times Square. Friday Livy, Meredith and I were up early and started our day with breakfast from Eataly, a few photos by the Flatiron Building, and some shopping. Our favorite shops were Fishs Eddy, Flying Tiger, and ABC Carpet & Home. For lunch we ate at ABC Kitchen, which ended up being my favorite meal of the trip! After lunch we headed to the Whitney and then took a walk on the High Line. We had dinner reservations as Blossom, a vegan restaurant. After dinner I was able to catch up with my college friend Katie at her apartment. Later this week I will recap the rest of our time in NYC!
Hello, friends! Spring has finally decided to arrive in KC and I'm loving it! This month has been a whirlwind — two of my close friends got married, I traveled to Gulf Shores with our St. Louis friends for one last trip before they all finish school, and this weekend I have a bachelorette party. I'm a little exhausted but it has all been totally worth it, so many happy memories. I've also made a few purchases this month I will share below, but my favorite find was Spencer Charles new script alphabet Sinistral Hand — designed especially for lefties like me!
- I've also been admiring Nick Matej's work this month, it's wonderful.
- Kelly's closet doors have my wheels spinning for some projects at the house.
- Ever since watching the documentary about Iris Apfel I love reading articles about her. These photos are awesome too.
- I know renovating our bathroom is a looong way off, but I'm saving these ideas.
- Think.Make.Share. hosted a maker exchange and so many of my talented friends participated! I would love to do this with my friends outside of work too.
- Always on the hunt for great clean beauty options
- This month I won an Instagram give-away from Enjoy! If you live in KC definitely try them out, their green mojito smoothie is my absolute favorite.
- I also am testing out Branch Basics multi-purpose cleaner this month and so far so good!
- One of my friends is getting married later this Summer and I knew this would be the perfect dress for the occasion, can't wait for it to arrive! Congrats Julia, the collection is beautiful!
- And last but not least, I am headed to New York next week and loved reading about some great places to take pictures in the city.