With the holidays right around the corner I have been gathering a book wish list to share with family and friends and I decided I would go ahead and share it here as well! I constantly add books to my Amazon wish list and usually end up buying the kindle or audible version. However, lots of these are ones where I would really love to have the hard copy. Happy shopping/reading!
1. Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home by Rebecca Atwood
2. Celebrate Everything!: Fun Ideas to Bring Your Parties to Life by Darcy Miller
3. Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman & Carolyn Gregoire
4. Things Are What You Make of Them: Life Advice for Creatives by Adam J. Kurtz
5. Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
6. Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off The Beaten Path by Erin Loechner
7. Love Style Life by Garance Dore
8. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
9. Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs by Samantha Friedman
10. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
Happy Tuesday, friends! Today I'm sharing one of my favorite cards I have worked on while at Hallmark. I created the lettering for this beautiful Signature card in collaboration with Designer Heather Van Wyck — it is available online and in stores (including the brand new Signature store in Santa Monica!). I'm hoping to get better about sharing the many little projects I've created for work and on my own. Enjoy!
This Wednesday Draplin made another stop in KC to speak at a Made in the Middle Mini Event! I have heard him speak twice before, once in St. Louis and once at Hallmark, but this time he talked a lot about his book and his cross-country speaking tour. Thanks for another great event Aaron, AIGA KC, and Made in the Middle!
Here are my favorite takeaways:
- Don't forget that this can be fun.
- Vectors are free and infinite.
- "I'm fighting hard to life my life creatively, enjoy work along the way, provide for my loved ones, and be free."
- We forget the importance of how to make something using one color effectively.
- "I'm trying to materialize a life where I get to make a stamp someday."
I hope everyone has a spooky evening!
Happy Friday, friends! It has finally started to feel like Fall but I definitely enjoyed the warmer weather we had most of the month. This October had some big moments — I moved back to my original team at Hallmark in the lettering studio, we celebrated Dale's 26th birthday, my sister Sophie spent her birthday weekend visiting us in St. Louis, and of course we attended a Halloween party (with our whole group dressed as Mario Kart). Here are a few of my favorite finds this month:
- I loved Paper & Stitch's Fall Style Guide, I am feeling inspired to start making my own real mood boards.
- Dreaming of Dubai...
- This moon party would be lovely, Halloween season or not.
- A beautiful home in LA, especially the light and airy pink bedroom.
- Mustard inspiration.
- Sugar & Cloth shared this beautiful pillow DIY, and my only hesitation is whether or not our kitty Otto would destroy it...
- One of the highlights of my month was receiving my first Oui Fresh Beauty Box! I have to say I am really impressed with the quality and selection in the first box, I can't wait for my November one to arrive.
- These blush boots are on my wish list.
- I'm planning on testing out this minestrone recipe next month!
- So many statement sleeves
Today I am sharing a recent portrait I had taken as part of a project by the talented Ty Hester! She choose to take portraits of Hallmarkers (and she painted the backdrop too!) for one of her #My5Days, you can view her full gallery here!