Hello, friends! Designing this collection was especially meaningful because I was able to design using artwork created by my mentor and friend, Lisa Rogers. These cards feature tulle, lots of dimension, and a font designed by my friend Lila Symons! Collaborating with other talented ladies is definitely one of the best parts of my job. You can find these cards at Hallmark Gold Crown stores right now!
Last year I worked on the Fem Team at Hallmark where our biggest project of the year was creating Mother's Day cards! I'm excited to finally be able to begin sharing some of my favorite cards i worked on, and today I'm starting with a photo look. Hallmark has an amazing photo studio, and they created these beautiful florals I was able to use in my designs. These cards also featured my lettering. Over the next few weeks I will continue to share some of the Mother's Day cards I worked on — I hope this inspires you to find the perfect card for the moms in your life!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.
Happy Easter, everyone!
Hello, friends! I recently shared our exciting news that we have purchased our first home! I've been dreaming about owning/decorating a home for quite awhile, and it is still sinking in that we will be living there so soon. During the process of buying some repairs were completed, and we also decided to go ahead and get our fireplace in working order. I am so excited that we will be able to use it next winter! Another initial decision we made was to get all our wood floors refinished, and wood floors added in the kitchen. The floors have already made such a huge difference, and now we are getting ready to move in our furniture!
I've gathered together some of my favorite inspiration and wish list items that we would love to get for our home. I'm going to focus on the first floor for the time being, but there are a few other items in mix for other parts of the home as well. Enjoy!
1. Woven Edna Pillow from Anthropologie
2. Angelica Lamp Ensemble from Anthropologie
3. No. 1 Classic Sputnik from Lucent Lightshop
4. Andes 3-Piece Chaise Sectional from West Elm
5. Brass Medallion Toilet Paper Holder from Anthropologie
6. Vortice Sconce 12" from Lucent Lightshop
7. Dalmatian Pillow, Gold from Lulu and Georgia
8. Case Study Large Cylinder with Stand from Modernica
I love saving images through Instagram and every once in awhile I notice a magical trend or palette come together. Here's a recent example: I love how the colors, textures, and photos all tell a little story when brought side by side. Enjoy!
Easter is right around the corner and once again Think.Make.Share. has lots of inspiration for your egg decorating! I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon painting a few eggs, and you can head over to the blog to see all the amazing results. You can also take a peek back at the workshop I hosted last year if you want even more inspiration. Happy decorating!