Happy Fall! I know September is a little early to be thinking about my Christmas list, but Grace Bonney's new book In The Company of Women is right at the top. I'm very jealous of everyone who gets to go to one of her book tour events in October. Here are few other things I stumbled across this month:
- I'm convinced there can never be enough uses for pom poms. Loved this DIY from Oh Joy!
- Can't wait to try out some of these Natural Lipstick Brands
- We tried this salad this month, it's delicious! Perfect for Fall.
- Speaking of cooking, this Cast Iron Skillet is calling my name.
- Tthese elaborate wedding cakes by Bottega Louie are stunning!
- While I don't know if I could truly embrace a capsule wardrobe, I loved Studio DIY's colorful take!
- This was such a fun Think.Make.Share. workshop to participate in!
- So many possibilities with this Marquee Light from Oh Happy Day
Personally, September was full of visits from friends and time spent focused on creative renewal at work. Hopefully you found some inspiration this month as well!
Happy Monday! Head over to Think.Make.Share. to learn how to make decorative file folders for your desk. My friend Lauren hosted this workshop, and I've been using these pink folders I created ever since!
It's done! I have been working on creating a GoPro video from Sophie and I's Italy trip for a few weeks, and it is finally finished! I love how it really captures what we saw from our perspective, and is a little less polished and formal than all the photos. Enjoy!
This week I was particularly inspired by two talks I listened to. Last Wednesday Meg Lewis visited Hallmark and spoke about her life, career, and work for happy companies. Take a peek at her work and the group of freelance designers she is a part of, Ghostly Ferns. I absolutely love when Hallmark brings in speakers, and couldn't help but jot down a few take-aways:
- Think about things you've been told are bad about yourself and how you can use those things to change the world.
- Maybe if I'm just nice to people I can change the world.
- I just want to make the world a little bit happier.
- Take a look at Grilli Type!!
This week I also listened to the latest episode of the Creative Pep Talk podcast by Andy J. Miller. This episode focused on "How to Prove Your Creative Genius." He talks about stacking the deck in your favor, and proving your creative value again and again. My favorite part of the whole podcast was when he said to not hide behind subjectivity. While creative work is subjective, it's important to put in the effort and slowly spiral upward as your work develops. Go listen!
It's hard to believe that Fall is upon us! Even though I'm not headed back to school I always find myself getting things organized this time of year. As a result I'm slowly updating my portfolio, and first up was adding some recent work I have done for Hallmark. Go take a peek, and enjoy this pointed pen oldie I came across!
Hello, friends! As another month ends I've once again gathered up some of my favorite finds around the web. One of my absolute favorite DIYs was this lovely Cursive Word Balloon backdrop by Oh Happy Day. They are one of my favorite sites to browse, and I'm hoping I will have a chance to host a party soon where I can try out one of their backdrop ideas!
- Albeit trendy, this studio space is airy, bright and beautiful.
- A lovely Austin, Texas home tour. I've had home decor on the brain this month.
- This DIY is perfect for back-to-school!
- Dreaming of this bedding...
- One of my favorite Pinterest recipes I tried this month.
- Like I mentioned last month, I will be participating in a macrame workshop in September so I'm still on the hunt for inspiration. I was wowed by this piece.
- These beautiful Ukrainian flower crowns are a must-see.
- This colorful party inspiration was one of my favorite Think.Make.Share. blog posts this month!
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!