Happy Heart Day, everyone! While I won't actually get to celebrate until tomorrow, I wanted to pop in and wish you all a day filled with lots of love. AND to share this lovely Hallmark Vida card designed by Brittany Bange. She used Fieldsmith, the font Lila and I collaborated on, which I shared here. It's so exciting to see it used and out in the real world! I can't wait to see which Valentine's Day card Dale has waiting for me...
Last month I was challenged by my talented Hallmark co-worker Meredith Cox to participate in Stefan Kunz's #createdtoday prompt on Instagram and ended up creating a lettering piece that said "Practice." Since then I have really been thinking about what I want to practice this year, and the things I have already accomplished!
- In January I finished going through the alphabet and spending a day working on each letter. This was a great way for me to get back into the practice of using the pointed pen, but now I want to move on to words and quotes! I am hoping that by next year at this time I will be much more comfortable with this tool, I can already see the difference the daily practice last month had on my lettering.
iPad Pro Lettering
- I am hoping to have an iPad Pro very soon! I have loved watching other lettering artists create amazing time-lapse pieces, and I know lettering on the iPad would really expand my range and ability to create quickly. If anyone has any tips or great tutorials please send them my way!
- When I'm traveling I am great at taking pictures and getting them edited. I really enjoy using my DLSR, and I would love to spend more time in my daily life taking pictures. I think my photography skills would continue to grown with more consistent practice.
Here's to lots of practice in 2018!
As January comes to a close I am already itching for Spring, mostly the flowers! But I also love these painted faux house plants, a perfect DIY to tide us over until the warmer weather arrives. This month was a whirlwind of getting back to work after the holidays, a New Year's trip to Nashville, lots of time at home in St. Louis, and time with friends. I also made it to the Picasso exhibit at the Nelson in Kansas City, which I highly recommend! I hope your new year is off to a great start, too. Here are a few of my other favorite finds this month:
- I love GT's Living Foods Lemonade Kombucha, but I would also love to try these kombucha cocktails!
- Have you tried A Design Kit yet? I am excited to test it out.
- Hallmark designed the collateral materials for last year's Louie Awards
- This recipe is on my list to try
- Dreaming of this couch for our living room...
- I loved seeing Kelly's colorful nursery reveal!
- While I don't need another faux fur jacket, this one has me dreaming
- I have a feeling kelly green is here to stay.
- One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil came in my Oui Fresh beauty box this month, and I think it will be a permanent addition to my routine!
What did you love this month?
Happy Wednesday! Last year around this time I had the chance to work on "Good Times" cards for Hallmark. This look features marble background patterns and I loved seeing them printed in shimmery gold bronze in the real life samples. I can't wait to send these to family and friends!
This week I discovered that the "Good Times" cards I designed for Hallmark are now in stores! These three were some of my favorites, and the touches of foil and sparkle are lovely in person. Enjoy!
A few years ago I created a decorative letter H and I have always wanted to expand it into a whole alphabet. Over the last few weeks I finally did! I have a few other projects that have been on my list for awhile and finishing this alphabet has me inspired to keep checking those off. Enjoy!