Halloween is right around the corner and I have gathered some of my favorite inspiration for this spooky season! I’ve never thought of adding so many peachy shades into a Halloween palette, but I think it’s a nice way to mix things up from the traditional black and orange. Happy decorating!
Fall is upon us! September has been one of the most relaxing months I have had in awhile, and other than Dale working nights for a few weeks was really wonderful. This month I spent time with friends, attended Made in the Middle, shopped at Hallmarket, and went to the Plaza Art Fair. It felt great to wrap up our Europe photo book and GoPro video and I’ve done lots of yard work! I never knew getting grass seed going could feel so satisfying. Here are a few of my favorite finds around the web this month:
Lately I’ve been fascinated by unique installments at events. I loved the one above which is from an event Geneva from A Pair & A Spare attended.
I’ve been in the mood for some new projects, maybe sewing these pants is up next?
With the onset of pumpkin everything I couldn’t help but try out this pumpkin muffin recipe.
The most beautiful space to get a facial.
Some great lettering inspiration. I love these roundups.
Serial has returned, but I would love to watch some of these crime documentaries too!
I discovered Ashley Fox this month, her floral designs are stunning.
I’m getting excited (really early) to decorate my house for Christmas. Maybe I need these stockings?
Some unique balloon arch ideas.
Always obsessed with flower arranging ideas, especially from Think.Make.Share.
Hello, friends! This month has been especially busy at work, I filmed a segment for KCTV5's Better KC sharing how to wrap baby gifts using the adorable Hallmark Baby product designed by my friend Amber Goodvin, I filmed a segment for the Hallmark Channel that will air this Christmas, and I traveled to LA for a work trip. It was a whirlwind but really exciting too! Dale and I are also settling in to his new work schedule, and I've loved getting through all of our photos from our Europe trip. Here are my favorite finds around the web:
- While we have a lot of yard projects to go, a raised garden could be fun someday!
- Beautiful paper poppies from The House That Lars Built
- Adorable baby shower ideas that might come in handy for when I host a shower for my friend in a few months!
- I'm always obsessed with beautiful floral arrangements, especially for parties!
- I wish I could have taken this workshop in LA
- I can't with for this Vitamin C Serum to arrive, I just ordered it!
- Dale and I love dumplings, these are on my list to try.
- Furthering my obsession with Château de Gudanes...
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Hello from France! At this point in our trip Dale and I are enjoying exploring the French countryside. I'm writing this post in advance, so I'm pretty excited to see what all we will have experienced by the point you are reading this! May has been an emotional month. In the past few weeks I travelled to New York for work, attended Hallmark CLS for the third time (and got to spend some time at the event with Jessica Hische!), watched my sister Sophie graduate from KU, attended a friend's wedding, and spent one last weekend in St. Louis celebrating Dale graduating from medical school! Some moments were bitter sweet, especially leaving our friends in St. Louis, but I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the festivities than in Europe. I still found time to gather a bit of inspiration, including perusing this lovely home in the Hamptons. Here are a few other favorites:
- A guide on propagating plants
- I haven't bought many new earrings lately, some of these are calling my name!
- Once we are home I can't wait to get back into the routine of cooking, these mini frittatas look delicious!
- Beautiful styling and inspiration for a bridal shower.
- Design tips to improve self care at home
- A tour of Oh So Beautiful Paper's Common Room Studio
- Still obsessing over this pool float
- Think.Make.Share. has me excited to make another weaving!
Au Revoir For Now!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.
Happy Easter, everyone!
Easter is right around the corner and once again Think.Make.Share. has lots of inspiration for your egg decorating! I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon painting a few eggs, and you can head over to the blog to see all the amazing results. You can also take a peek back at the workshop I hosted last year if you want even more inspiration. Happy decorating!