This past weekend I took a quick trip to Dallas to celebrate my friend Ashley's bachelorette party! This was my first time in Dallas and we had the best time. I loved catching up with my college friends who live out of town, and trying so many wonderful new restaurants and bars! Following bloggers is one of my favorite ways to discover the best places to try in a new city, and the atmosphere and coffee at Magnolias Sous Le Pont (recommended by Amy from Fashion Jackson) did not disappoint. Here are all the places we tried:
- We started our trip with pizza at Cane Rosso Friday night. We ordered a few to share, but my favorite was the Prosciutto e Rucola. I also tried a local beer, the Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower, which I'm hoping I can find at home, too!
- I have been to Soul Cycle once before (during my work trip to Chicago last year), but this time going with a group of friends made it an even better experience!
- Mercat Bistro was one of my favorite parts of our trip! We sat in their beautiful metal pavilion and loved every second of our meal. I started with the Ricotta & Honeycomb and had the Egg's Benedict for my meal. Both were amazing, this would be on the top of my list of places to go back to!
Magnolias Sous Le Pont
- After brunch we headed to Magnolias to grab coffees and chat. It was a rainy morning so relaxing and drinking our coffee in this beautiful location was the perfect way to pass the time before the KU game!
Katy Trail Ice House
- Most of the girls on the trip were KU fans so finding a fun place to watch the game was a top priority. We ended up at Katy Trail Ice House and found a table right by the TVs inside. If we hadn't been so intent on watching the game it would have been a great place to sit outside, there were so many people who brought their dogs! And in a little better weather I'm sure this place would have been even more crowded.
- After KU's win we spend some time relaxing at our Airbnb before dinner at Mesero, an upscale Mexcian restaurant. Most of us got enchiladas and enjoyed guac and queso to start!
Louie Louie's Dallas
- Finally, our night ended at Louie Louie's Piano Bar! This was the perfect spot for a bachelorette party, I think there were three other groups there as well. The music was great, and the performers were really entertaining.
Hopefully these recommendations will be helpful if you find yourself in Dallas, I love being able to look back at all the places I tried on trips and recommend them to friends. Happy travels!