This time of year is my absolute favorite because my peony bushes are in full bloom! I also got the chance to participate in a very special #My5Days workshop arranging flowers so my house is filled with bouquets. I can’t wait to share more about that workshop at a later date, but for now I will be enjoying all the blooms.
Blooms this month. Enjoy!
A few blooms to brighten up this cold January. Enjoy!
The perfect start to November — a flower arranging class!
Happy Wednesday, friends! This August was pretty work-focused as my team had a big deadline for Mother's Day cards and Dale spent his month on a time-consuming rotation in his last year of medical school. We enjoyed a few lazy weekends at home in St. Louis, and I was lucky to have a visit from my mom last week. Dale and I also traveled to Ohio for our friends' wedding, which was the perfect way to end the month!
This month was full of inspiration around the web – my favorite discovery was the work of Tom Abbiss Smith. I have been really inspired by his abstract collages, and this is one of my favorites. I would love to order one of his prints! Here are a few of my other favorite finds:
- I tried and loved this pizza recipe from Love & Lemons this month!
- Tomorrow I am joining Marisol for her second block printing workshop at Hallmark. This recap post from her first workshop has me really excited.
- Some beautiful palaces in St. Petersburg
- I would love to try out these new A Color Story presets for Lightroom
- This sounds like the perfect dinner, and it would be even better with these grilled peaches for desert!
- Some BEAUTIFUL paper peonies from The House That Lars Built
- And some kitschy inspiration.
- When my mom was in town I got some great vintage pins, and this jean jacket is on the way so that they can have a proper home!
Enjoy the last few weeks of Summer!
A few quick photos I took of some Whole Foods hydrangeas. I absolutely love flowers and hope to have an ongoing focus of creating photos, illustrations, and physical pieces all centered around florals this year. We will see where the project goes!
Today on Think.Make.Share. you can learn how to make these beautiful crepe paper flowers! This was one of my favorite workshops to participate in, I loved how each person's flowers turned out so unique using the same steps. I plan on displaying mine in a vase, but I have also seen some beautiful paper flower cake toppers. Now I just need an occasion to bake a cake! I hope you're inspired to get making.