Hello, friends! Currently Dale and I are enjoying a week in California but I couldn’t let that stop me from sharing a few of my favorite finds this month. This month began with a bachelorette party for my friend Steph in Lawrence and was followed by weekends with family, the KC Design Week homes tour, a couple of workouts at Fusion, Game of Thrones (!) and finally an anniversary party for our ten years of dating! I also really loved taking Adobe’s Creative Type Quiz. I’m a producer, “the quintessential “doer” of all the creative types.” The whole description made total sense and I loved being able to take a personality quiz that really focuses just on creatives.
I’m obsessed with these patterns by Charlotte Bolton!
A great article about leadership
Beautiful floral illustrations
Marisol’s home on Design Sponge! I loved having the chance to get to know her when she worked at Hallmark.
A great quote about Spring, all the flowers this month were my FAV
An interesting read about meritocracy
The perfect Summer drink!
My favorite recipe we tried this month! I will admit we did add hamburger buns, but it felt healthier all the same.
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, loved this inspiration if you are celebrating!
No Rain, No Flowers!
Summer has officially arrived, and I can't believe June is already coming to a close! This month Dale and I spent time celebrating our friends' birthdays in Lawrence, I visited my cousin Liesel in Richmond, we celebrated Megan and Matt's wedding in Kansas City, and spent a weekend at home in St. Louis. Dale and I visited the Johnson Shut-Ins and had a lovely dinner at Scarlett's Wine Bar for our two year wedding anniversary! While not overly relaxing, this month was filled with time spent with our dearest friends and family and we still have more celebrations to look forward to this summer. This was also a busy month at work filled with special projects and work on cards I can't wait to share when they finally reach stores!
With the warm weather I have also been wanting to try making homemade popsicles, and the web did not disappoint with two (very different) recipes that both look delicious! The first is the Pitaya Popsicle from Glitter Guide, and the second is a frosé popsicle from Camille Styles. Here are some other finds this June:
- I loved browsing these beautiful cards by Moglea on Print & Pattern
- I'm always on the hunt for book and podcast suggestions — Grace's June reading list looks wonderful and I can't wait to listen to some of these Creative Podcast suggestions
- Think.Make.Share.'s terrarium ideas would be perfect gifts year-round beyond Father's Day
- This dress looks like the perfect summer addition to my wardrobe.
- Keeping this backdrop tip in mind for future parties!
- Dale and I are planning a Europe trip for next summer and are hoping to visit Southern France after Lisbon. Julia's photos from Provence and Victoria's guide to Lisbon have both been inspiring!
- I am in need of a new toiletry bag and I have my eye on this one from Mark and Graham.