May is one of my favorite months of the year, and my allergies haven't even been quite as terrible as normal! This month I traveled to Chicago for a work event, tried a Soul Cycle class, attended Hallmark's Creative Leadership Symposium (and a Gemma O'Brien Meet & Greet!), spent Mother's Day in KC (complete with a delicious lunch and the Symphony Designers' Showhouse), watched my youngest sister, Grace, graduate from sixth grade, participated in a piñata making workshop for one of #My5Days, marbled paper with my team at work, and continued working on Mother's Day 2018 cards!
Looking back, this month was filled with some pretty special opportunities and lots of making. One of my favorite parts of these posts is thinking back on what I accomplished during the last month, and of course seeing what inspired me. I have been constantly impressed by Nick Misani's Fauxsaics. They are stunning! If you haven't already seen them be sure to take a look. I noticed on Instagram he might be teaching a class to share his process, which would definitely be something I would need to sign up for. Here are some of my other favorite finds this May:
- I love this faux-flower DIY from Sugar & Cloth!
- These are the perfect shorts to celebrate warmer weather.
- An interesting read, good thoughts for business owners and those working corporate jobs.
- A beautiful home in Berlin.
- I would love to try making these smoothies, they are so pretty!
- A great guide to pressing flowers, I also want to get Beci Orpin's new book, Sunshine Spaces.
- I don't need these pineapple earrings, but they sure are cute!
- Create*Cultivate in New York looked amazing, and these thoughts on Instagram are worth reading.
- New balloons from Studio DIY!
- I've been dreaming about an outdoor space at our next place, and I loved Emily's patio.
- AND Pippa got married this month!
Until next month, happy reading!
This holiday season has truly been a whirlwind, I am currently in Chile with my family (photos coming soon!) and since we left the day after Christmas I haven't had much time to reflect on the New Year. But here are a few quick favorites from the internet this month, I hope you are enjoying the last few days of Christmas decorations and 2016!
- I loved Emily's new kitchen remodel!
- Feeling inspired to read a few of these books in the new year.
- While this DIY is intended for the holiday season, it would be fun to repurpose these for a birthday party!
- I'm definitely still loving pom-poms.
- An interesting article about President Obama
- Cheesecake topper ideas!
- One of my favorite Christmas gifts, now on sale! Grab the lavender pair while you can.
I can't believe it is already nearing the end of August! Here is a round-up of some of my favorite inspiration I gathered around the web this month:
- Poppytalk's feature on Susan Beech's BEAUTIFUL paper flowers is wonderful. Take a peek at her Etsy shop.
- Here is the Crumb Coffee Cake recipe my sister, Sophie, made when she visited St. Louis. It's delicious!
- I loved seeing the before and after shots Emily Henderson shared of Ban.do's new office space. Can I move in?
- These balloon letters make me oh so happy.
- Think.Make.Share. took us behind the scenes of Mirna Stubbs collection for Studio Ink.
- These Mara Hoffman for J.Crew pants feature parrots. And are on sale!
This past month also marked the start of my Letters Are Lovely weekly lettering posts. Three weeks in I am feeling energized, and I can't wait to see the variety and evolution that occurs in my lettering over the next year. I haven't undertaken a personal project of this nature before, and I'm excited to see where it will lead. Follow along on the blog, and see the entire collection here!