This snowy month was full of memories including a trip to Lawrence to recruit for Hallmark Creative interns, lots of Mother’s Day work, a Valentine’s dinner at Avenues, several amazing brunches with friends, a lovely birthday dinner with family at Lidia’s, and after making this list I have realized basically lots of wonderful meals shared with family and friends! I always look forward to February because Valentine’s Day is right before my birthday and it’s definitely a bright spot in my midwest winters. I made lots of discoveries around the web, too! Did you know you can download free high-res prints from Audubon? I think these would be lovely framed! I also learned the State Bird of Missouri is the blue-bird which would definitely match our decor!
Are you as obsessed with How To Train Your Dragon as we are? Dale and I saw the third movie in theaters last weekend!
I’m always on the lookout for new pasta recipes and this one is on the list for March!
Julia’s front porch has me even more excited for gardening this year!
I found this list SUPER relatable.
A good reminder — Dieter Rams’ 10 Principles of Good Design
A candle DIY on my list to try!
Last, but definitely not least, some bathroom inspiration from The Makerista!
LOVE YOU, TOO.
Hello, friends! Normally I can’t believe a month has already gone by when I write these posts but this January felt like two months in one. This month we finished up our mini kitchen renovation, rang in the new year with new KC friends, survived a blizzard and freezing temps, celebrated my friend Alyissa’s birthday and hosted a family birthday part for my grandpa. Work wise was where most of the craziness came in, I started lots of exciting new projects and my friend Meredith and I saw our mural at Ability KC come to life (thanks to lots of Hallmark volunteers)! This month wasn’t a big shopping month as we finished the kitchen, but there was definitely lots of kitchen inspiration on the brain and we made some new recipes, too. Enjoy!
I absolutely love this Parisian kitchen! We have lots of hits of blue in our house, but this has me inspired to add in more lighter shades with the navy.
My friend Alyissa created Think.Make.Share.’s downloadable wallpapers, perfect for February!
Very tempted to also get an acrylic box to display my wedding shoes.
I finally found house numbers I’m obsessed with! Hoping to get these ordered and hung up soon.
A new twist on avocado toast (for me) that I loved this month.
I’m really hoping to take a stained glass workshop sometime this year and I’m saving this for inspiration.
A cute Valentine’s Day gift roundup!
Have you been entering to win the HGTV dream home?
I’ve been thinking about ways to reduce my plastic usage, and it’s exciting to see the end of single-use plastics in the EU!
Hello, friends! Spring has finally decided to arrive in KC and I'm loving it! This month has been a whirlwind — two of my close friends got married, I traveled to Gulf Shores with our St. Louis friends for one last trip before they all finish school, and this weekend I have a bachelorette party. I'm a little exhausted but it has all been totally worth it, so many happy memories. I've also made a few purchases this month I will share below, but my favorite find was Spencer Charles new script alphabet Sinistral Hand — designed especially for lefties like me!
- I've also been admiring Nick Matej's work this month, it's wonderful.
- Kelly's closet doors have my wheels spinning for some projects at the house.
- Ever since watching the documentary about Iris Apfel I love reading articles about her. These photos are awesome too.
- I know renovating our bathroom is a looong way off, but I'm saving these ideas.
- Think.Make.Share. hosted a maker exchange and so many of my talented friends participated! I would love to do this with my friends outside of work too.
- Always on the hunt for great clean beauty options
- This month I won an Instagram give-away from Enjoy! If you live in KC definitely try them out, their green mojito smoothie is my absolute favorite.
- I also am testing out Branch Basics multi-purpose cleaner this month and so far so good!
- One of my friends is getting married later this Summer and I knew this would be the perfect dress for the occasion, can't wait for it to arrive! Congrats Julia, the collection is beautiful!
- And last but not least, I am headed to New York next week and loved reading about some great places to take pictures in the city.