Hello, friends! This month I went to the lake with college friends, attended a wedding, spent a weekend at our family lake house, and went to a Royals game with Dale — the perfect end of summer fun! I'm just beginning to crave Fall, having wrapped up a bunch of projects at work this month it almost feels like back to school. One thing I will miss about Summer is all the flowers — I loved this floral centerpiece inspiration pictured below. Here are a few of my other favorites this month:
- I just purchased these knobs for an old dresser in our guest room!
- Got lots of ideas from this home tour.
- I love the idea of a rosé party!
- This dress isn't screaming Fall, but I'm obsessed with all the color.
- Thinking of making a similar DIY for our living room.
- I am constantly learning from Podcasts, take a look at this article from A Cup of Jo
- We tried these stuffed peppers this month, I'm really getting back in the mood for cooking.
- If I were in NYC I would LOVE to visit The Color Factory!
- And the prefect way to wrap up the month, an Autumn bucket list
Hello from France! At this point in our trip Dale and I are enjoying exploring the French countryside. I'm writing this post in advance, so I'm pretty excited to see what all we will have experienced by the point you are reading this! May has been an emotional month. In the past few weeks I travelled to New York for work, attended Hallmark CLS for the third time (and got to spend some time at the event with Jessica Hische!), watched my sister Sophie graduate from KU, attended a friend's wedding, and spent one last weekend in St. Louis celebrating Dale graduating from medical school! Some moments were bitter sweet, especially leaving our friends in St. Louis, but I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the festivities than in Europe. I still found time to gather a bit of inspiration, including perusing this lovely home in the Hamptons. Here are a few other favorites:
- A guide on propagating plants
- I haven't bought many new earrings lately, some of these are calling my name!
- Once we are home I can't wait to get back into the routine of cooking, these mini frittatas look delicious!
- Beautiful styling and inspiration for a bridal shower.
- Design tips to improve self care at home
- A tour of Oh So Beautiful Paper's Common Room Studio
- Still obsessing over this pool float
- Think.Make.Share. has me excited to make another weaving!
Au Revoir For Now!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.