Hello, friends! This month I went to the lake with college friends, attended a wedding, spent a weekend at our family lake house, and went to a Royals game with Dale — the perfect end of summer fun! I'm just beginning to crave Fall, having wrapped up a bunch of projects at work this month it almost feels like back to school. One thing I will miss about Summer is all the flowers — I loved this floral centerpiece inspiration pictured below. Here are a few of my other favorites this month:
- I just purchased these knobs for an old dresser in our guest room!
- Got lots of ideas from this home tour.
- I love the idea of a rosé party!
- This dress isn't screaming Fall, but I'm obsessed with all the color.
- Thinking of making a similar DIY for our living room.
- I am constantly learning from Podcasts, take a look at this article from A Cup of Jo
- We tried these stuffed peppers this month, I'm really getting back in the mood for cooking.
- If I were in NYC I would LOVE to visit The Color Factory!
- And the prefect way to wrap up the month, an Autumn bucket list
Hello from France! At this point in our trip Dale and I are enjoying exploring the French countryside. I'm writing this post in advance, so I'm pretty excited to see what all we will have experienced by the point you are reading this! May has been an emotional month. In the past few weeks I travelled to New York for work, attended Hallmark CLS for the third time (and got to spend some time at the event with Jessica Hische!), watched my sister Sophie graduate from KU, attended a friend's wedding, and spent one last weekend in St. Louis celebrating Dale graduating from medical school! Some moments were bitter sweet, especially leaving our friends in St. Louis, but I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up the festivities than in Europe. I still found time to gather a bit of inspiration, including perusing this lovely home in the Hamptons. Here are a few other favorites:
- A guide on propagating plants
- I haven't bought many new earrings lately, some of these are calling my name!
- Once we are home I can't wait to get back into the routine of cooking, these mini frittatas look delicious!
- Beautiful styling and inspiration for a bridal shower.
- Design tips to improve self care at home
- A tour of Oh So Beautiful Paper's Common Room Studio
- Still obsessing over this pool float
- Think.Make.Share. has me excited to make another weaving!
Au Revoir For Now!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.
Happy Easter, everyone!
Summer has officially arrived, and I can't believe June is already coming to a close! This month Dale and I spent time celebrating our friends' birthdays in Lawrence, I visited my cousin Liesel in Richmond, we celebrated Megan and Matt's wedding in Kansas City, and spent a weekend at home in St. Louis. Dale and I visited the Johnson Shut-Ins and had a lovely dinner at Scarlett's Wine Bar for our two year wedding anniversary! While not overly relaxing, this month was filled with time spent with our dearest friends and family and we still have more celebrations to look forward to this summer. This was also a busy month at work filled with special projects and work on cards I can't wait to share when they finally reach stores!
With the warm weather I have also been wanting to try making homemade popsicles, and the web did not disappoint with two (very different) recipes that both look delicious! The first is the Pitaya Popsicle from Glitter Guide, and the second is a frosé popsicle from Camille Styles. Here are some other finds this June:
- I loved browsing these beautiful cards by Moglea on Print & Pattern
- I'm always on the hunt for book and podcast suggestions — Grace's June reading list looks wonderful and I can't wait to listen to some of these Creative Podcast suggestions
- Think.Make.Share.'s terrarium ideas would be perfect gifts year-round beyond Father's Day
- This dress looks like the perfect summer addition to my wardrobe.
- Keeping this backdrop tip in mind for future parties!
- Dale and I are planning a Europe trip for next summer and are hoping to visit Southern France after Lisbon. Julia's photos from Provence and Victoria's guide to Lisbon have both been inspiring!
- I am in need of a new toiletry bag and I have my eye on this one from Mark and Graham.