Happy summer, friends! Between our Europe trip and settling back into real life at home this month has flown by. I'm really excited to get into a routine in our new house once Dale starts working July 1st! And of course there were still some great finds around the web this month, starting with this adorable pineapple cake I am planning on making when my sister Grace (who turned 14 this month!) comes over for a sleepover later this summer. Enjoy!
- I love the idea of a wedding theme based off a quote
- You can never have enough plants, or cute planters for them to live in.
- I've been loving my Branch Basics, this month I ordered the starter kit and I think it will now be my go-to cleaning product!
- A favorite dinner recipe we tried this month
- Though I've traveled quite a bit in the United States I am missing a lot of east coast states. Mackenzie's guide has me dreaming of visiting Nantucket!
- These slippers are at the top of my wish list..
- A really cool studio tour in St. Louis!
- Stunning paper flower bouquet based off the royal wedding!
Enjoy those long summer days!
While this month is not quite over yet, it has been full of exciting and nerve-wracking times/decisions, all building up to BIG things happening next month. I can't wait to go into more details, but let's just say I have packed way too many things into the last few weeks. There were also a lot of happy highlights as well like spending time with our friends in STL, celebrating Galentine's Day with my dear work friends, eating at Lidia's in KC with my family for my birthday, recruiting for Hallmark at KU, having a weekend at home over my actual birthday, and finally I will be heading to Dallas this weekend for a bachelorette party! And between Valentine's Day and Spring on its way the finds around the web did not dissapoint this month:
- I loved this quote created by Tessa Forrest. Follow her on Instagram @subliming.jpg and take a peek at her Society6 shop!
- I need to remember these floral cookies for next Valentine's Day
- A few dreamy Paris pictures
- Have you been watching the Olympics?? I think I prefer the Winter Games, and I loved seeing people create some lettering to celebrate.
- While the donut peg boards are always great, this heart shaped one takes the cake!
- Thought-provoking small changes
- Finding an occastion to make this DIY happen... so cute!
- Can't go wrong with paper flower inspiration
- Beautiful outdoor wedding decor.
- And finally two purchases I made this month: I broke my beloved bkr, so I bought a new glass bottle for my insert, and I got the full size of my favorite January Oui Fresh beauty box item!
Ready or not, it's almost March!
2018 is upon us and I am currently in Nashville with friends to ring in the New Year! This month I fully embraced the holiday spirit and spent time baking cookies, decorating our tree(s), I hosted a holiday ornament exchange, and spent lots of time with family for our traditional Christmas events. I hope you were able to spend time with those you love this season as well. Around the web there was endless holiday inspiration, and I am hoping to try this champagne cocktail on New Year's:
- Jessica Hische designed these beautiful Christmas cards for Hallmark Signature! The "Happy Holidays" ornament will be on our tree for years to come.
- I found these 2018 Wellness Trends fascinating
- This Photo Collage DIY is high on my list of projects for the New Year!
- This added a few destinations to my wish list...
- These Apple Rose Tartlets look delicious (and beautiful!)
- I would love to learn how to bake bread!
- Another New Year's DIY that I might try
- A beautiful wedding in Ravello, Italy, one of the places
- Going to continue my habit of drinking lots of water in 2018!
- The most unique nativity idea I have seen! Maybe I will make one for next Christmas...