Happy summer, friends! Between our Europe trip and settling back into real life at home this month has flown by. I'm really excited to get into a routine in our new house once Dale starts working July 1st! And of course there were still some great finds around the web this month, starting with this adorable pineapple cake I am planning on making when my sister Grace (who turned 14 this month!) comes over for a sleepover later this summer. Enjoy!
- I love the idea of a wedding theme based off a quote
- You can never have enough plants, or cute planters for them to live in.
- I've been loving my Branch Basics, this month I ordered the starter kit and I think it will now be my go-to cleaning product!
- A favorite dinner recipe we tried this month
- Though I've traveled quite a bit in the United States I am missing a lot of east coast states. Mackenzie's guide has me dreaming of visiting Nantucket!
- These slippers are at the top of my wish list..
- A really cool studio tour in St. Louis!
- Stunning paper flower bouquet based off the royal wedding!
Enjoy those long summer days!
I have decided that Spring is my favorite season. Every year around this time I feel so refreshed, despite the chaotic nature of this month which was filled with travel, family events, and a busy season at work. I think just being able to get outside more often really improves my mood, and all the sunny weather in New Orleans during our trip was especially nice. I also LOVE all the flowers that begin to peek out at the start of Spring. Coco Kelley's Romantic Floral Tutorial caught my attention this month — I adore the moodiness and how it perfectly captures the emotion of this season. Here are a few other favorites from the web this March:
- I loved seeing Ken Sheldon's beautiful illustrations for Think.Make.Share. available on Designlovefest!
- Such a simple DIY that I'm dying to try.
- I'm often inspired by posts on Design Sponge, and these quotes were no exception.
- This bow guide is so charming.
- I finally got around to trying out this Roasted Chickpea recipe this week, it was delicious!
- While I am loving my Productivity Planner, May Designs' new Folios have me considering ordering a few of their notebooks...
- Waiting for an occasion to make this macaroon cake.
- Dale and I are starting to ponder a Europe trip after he finishes school, Lisbon is high on my list!
- Does anyone sleep on a silk pillowcase? It seems so luxurious (and great for your skin!).
- Last weekend I saw Disney's new Beauty & The Beast movie and it was visually stunning. I am curious about the process of designing the sets and costumes.
- Last, but not least, I just ordered a faux-collar from a talented Hallmarker, Cece. I choose the Peach Fern pattern.
Happy Spring, and enjoy your weekend!
I love discovering and being inspired by artists online. This month I discovered Kristi Kohut, and simultaneously fell in love with her bold brush strokes. Below is one of my favorites, as well as a few other links I discovered this month:
- If only I had time to make this before my New Year's celebration...
- A fun peek into Jenna Lyon's world.
- The styling of this photo shoot was just so lovely.
- I had so much fun being a part of this workshop for Think.Make.Share.!
- I would LOVE to purchase one of Tiff Manuell's clutches.
- The new Star Wars movie has me wanting this adorable BB-8 Itty Bitty.
- If you haven't listened to Limetown, Season 1 is now complete and ready for binge-listening.
- I'm excited to see how the Pantone Colors of the Year are used in 2016!
Halloween is right around the corner and I have started to brainstorm ideas for my costume this year. While I have promised my husband I will be Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole from Parks and Rec on Halloween night, Friday night may require a costume as well! At the moment I am leaning toward the cactus idea. I can't get enough of Studio DIY's costumes! (Last year I dressed up as a champagne bottle based off one of Kelly's ideas.) I know I will stumble upon many more amazing costume ideas in the coming weeks, but go ahead and enjoy some of my favorites!