Hello, friends! I’ve been a bit quiet on the blog this month, July was full of lots of work, time at the lake/pool, a trip to the blueberry patch, and several trips to Family Tree (the best place to get plants in KC!). Here are a few of my favorite finds around the web:
Oh Joy! released a pillow collection! Still trying to decide which one I need most, I especially love the lettering ones.
Continually amazed by Lars Paper Flowers, take a look at these foxgloves!
I’ve been contemplating wallpaper in a few spots in our house, and while we don’t have kids I still loved this roundup
An interesting article I read this month
An idea for raised gardens beds, I could totally see us adding these to our yard next summer!
A craft that reminds me of all the crafts I did with beads as kid!
An LA party that makes me want to hop on a plane and head for the coast
Is anyone else fascinated by peeks into other people’s schedules? Loved reading Ty Haney’s work diary.
Enjoy these summer days, friends!
Summer is upon us and May is already coming to a close! This month started out with our California trip and so much has happened since then! This month I’ve been working hard on an internal project on top of some fun lettering assignments, Dale and I have celebrated two weddings (with another this weekend), we spent a weekend at the lake for my Grandma’s birthday, and I’ve been to lots of Holiday Mart meetings and a few Fusion classes. The rest of our summer will be much more laid back and I’m looking forward to time at home and (hopefully) the pool. This month I also loved The Everygirl’s Summer Bucket List. I’m definitely adding the DIY Popsicle to my summer to-do’s!
Speaking of the royals, this month Archie (in case you somehow missed it) was born!
Pretty mini-bundt cakes!
Morocco is high on my travel wish-list
Prosecco punch, perfect for a summer celebration!
A recipe I’m hoping to try!
Bookmarking this post for when I make it back to Santa Barbara
I’m fascinated by hanging florals, I just need to find the perfect occasion for some!
No rain no flowers, friends!
Happy Fall! I know September is a little early to be thinking about my Christmas list, but Grace Bonney's new book In The Company of Women is right at the top. I'm very jealous of everyone who gets to go to one of her book tour events in October. Here are few other things I stumbled across this month:
- I'm convinced there can never be enough uses for pom poms. Loved this DIY from Oh Joy!
- Can't wait to try out some of these Natural Lipstick Brands
- We tried this salad this month, it's delicious! Perfect for Fall.
- Speaking of cooking, this Cast Iron Skillet is calling my name.
- Tthese elaborate wedding cakes by Bottega Louie are stunning!
- While I don't know if I could truly embrace a capsule wardrobe, I loved Studio DIY's colorful take!
- This was such a fun Think.Make.Share. workshop to participate in!
- So many possibilities with this Marquee Light from Oh Happy Day
Personally, September was full of visits from friends and time spent focused on creative renewal at work. Hopefully you found some inspiration this month as well!
February is one of my favorite months of the year because I get to celebrate Valentine's Day and my birthday in the same week! This month also was full of wonderful inspiration around the web, and I loved A Beautiful Mess's Palm Springs Kitty Scratch House DIY. I need to make one for my kitty, Otto.
This month at Hallmark my team was busy working on Valentine's Day cards for NEXT year. I loved seeing all the heart day inspiration floating around the internet this month, as well as all the beautiful cards in stores. I also had the opportunity to visit KU and help Hallmark recruit interns for next summer! My internship sometimes seems like it was a long time ago, and other times I feel like I was just an intern – but I loved being back on campus and in the design building.
Personally, my wonderful family and friends made this one of my best birthdays ever. I enjoyed dinner at Lydia's in KC with my whole extended family, and a fun weekend in STL with friends. I also loved getting together with friends to watch the Oscars. Now here are a few of my favorite links:
- Designlovefest and Oh Joy! both had big announcements this month!
- A delicious recipe you should try
- In case you missed this fun Think.Make.Share DIY
- One of my favorite birthday gifts from Anthropologie
- I also got a GoPro this month and can't wait to create my first video! I need to practice before I bring it with me to Italy this summer.
- I listened to Here's The Thing with Alec Baldwin for the first time this month and was fascinated by the episode with the creators of Making A Murderer.
- Loved Jess Lively's second episode with Alex Ikonn talking about his new Productivity Planner
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week!