Hello, friends! The spookiest time of year has arrived and I’ve been busy baking pumpkin muffins and watching the new Sabrina The Teenage Witch on Netflix. This month I traveled to Cincinnati for work, fit in a trip to the Louisberg Cider Mill, celebrated Dale’s 27th birthday with Brew at the Zoo, Mexican food, and a family pizza dinner, and I’m gearing up for the first Halloween in our new house. I’m really curious whether we will have lots of trick or treaters or not! Here are some of my favorite finds around the web this month:
I was super inspired by this rental home transformation!
This Moroccan Chicken Soup has been perfect in the colder weather.
Bri’s art direction is just stunning!
Anyone who knows me well knows this costume is right up my alley…
Love the idea of Moorea Seal’s newest book 52 Lists for Togetherness
In case you need a last minute Halloween cake idea
My second favorite Halloween costume this year
We also tried this gnocchi recipe this month!
I’m definitely not a maximalist but I really enjoyed this home tour
While this month is not quite over yet, it has been full of exciting and nerve-wracking times/decisions, all building up to BIG things happening next month. I can't wait to go into more details, but let's just say I have packed way too many things into the last few weeks. There were also a lot of happy highlights as well like spending time with our friends in STL, celebrating Galentine's Day with my dear work friends, eating at Lidia's in KC with my family for my birthday, recruiting for Hallmark at KU, having a weekend at home over my actual birthday, and finally I will be heading to Dallas this weekend for a bachelorette party! And between Valentine's Day and Spring on its way the finds around the web did not dissapoint this month:
- I loved this quote created by Tessa Forrest. Follow her on Instagram @subliming.jpg and take a peek at her Society6 shop!
- I need to remember these floral cookies for next Valentine's Day
- A few dreamy Paris pictures
- Have you been watching the Olympics?? I think I prefer the Winter Games, and I loved seeing people create some lettering to celebrate.
- While the donut peg boards are always great, this heart shaped one takes the cake!
- Thought-provoking small changes
- Finding an occastion to make this DIY happen... so cute!
- Can't go wrong with paper flower inspiration
- Beautiful outdoor wedding decor.
- And finally two purchases I made this month: I broke my beloved bkr, so I bought a new glass bottle for my insert, and I got the full size of my favorite January Oui Fresh beauty box item!
Ready or not, it's almost March!
I have decided that Spring is my favorite season. Every year around this time I feel so refreshed, despite the chaotic nature of this month which was filled with travel, family events, and a busy season at work. I think just being able to get outside more often really improves my mood, and all the sunny weather in New Orleans during our trip was especially nice. I also LOVE all the flowers that begin to peek out at the start of Spring. Coco Kelley's Romantic Floral Tutorial caught my attention this month — I adore the moodiness and how it perfectly captures the emotion of this season. Here are a few other favorites from the web this March:
- I loved seeing Ken Sheldon's beautiful illustrations for Think.Make.Share. available on Designlovefest!
- Such a simple DIY that I'm dying to try.
- I'm often inspired by posts on Design Sponge, and these quotes were no exception.
- This bow guide is so charming.
- I finally got around to trying out this Roasted Chickpea recipe this week, it was delicious!
- While I am loving my Productivity Planner, May Designs' new Folios have me considering ordering a few of their notebooks...
- Waiting for an occasion to make this macaroon cake.
- Dale and I are starting to ponder a Europe trip after he finishes school, Lisbon is high on my list!
- Does anyone sleep on a silk pillowcase? It seems so luxurious (and great for your skin!).
- Last weekend I saw Disney's new Beauty & The Beast movie and it was visually stunning. I am curious about the process of designing the sets and costumes.
- Last, but not least, I just ordered a faux-collar from a talented Hallmarker, Cece. I choose the Peach Fern pattern.
Happy Spring, and enjoy your weekend!
Happy almost February! Per usual, here are a few of my favorites from around the web this past month. I'm happy to see the iridescent trend seems to be here to stay. I loved Aww, Sam's roundup of 10 Iridescent/Holographic Things You Need. Enjoy some other links below!
- Love this Valentine's Day idea!
- I discovered Sarah Illenberger's work this month
- Vintage photos are always intriguing, and these of Paris are no exception
- I have been cooking more than normal lately, and this linguine recipe was one of my favorite finds!
- Ashley Goldberg's Valentine's Day Collection for Hallmark Signature is just lovely
- Dreaming of a weekend in Nashville
- My sister and I will be traveling to Italy in July and we just booked all of our hotels! This one may be my favorite. I can't wait to share this trip on the blog!
- Thanks, A Beautiful Mess, A Color Story really is a wonderful new app