I’m so excited to share my friend Lila Symons’ talk from TypeCon2018! I was honored that she choose to talk about our collaboration on her font Fieldsmith as one of the #FontsMadeByWomen she has worked on during her time at Hallmark. I really am constantly inspired by the talented women I work with, including Lila!
Hello, friends! Designing this collection was especially meaningful because I was able to design using artwork created by my mentor and friend, Lisa Rogers. These cards feature tulle, lots of dimension, and a font designed by my friend Lila Symons! Collaborating with other talented ladies is definitely one of the best parts of my job. You can find these cards at Hallmark Gold Crown stores right now!
Happy Monday! I'm excited to finally share a glimpse into the connected script typeface Fieldsmith, created by Lila Symons for Hallmark and based off of my hand lettering! The lovely Nan Sinchai used Fieldsmith on these Valentine's Day cards (now in stores!). One of the best parts about working at Hallmark is collaborating, especially with friends. While it seems a little early to start shopping for Valentine's cards, I know I will be on the lookout for these when I do get shopping!
I hope you all have had a wonderful March! I couldn't think of a better representation of my favorite things on the internet this past month than Libby VanderPloeg's "Lift Each Other Up" illustration for International Women's Day (which was March 8th). I am very proud to work with and have so many talented & driven women friends who inspire me daily. Take a look at Libby's website to see more of her wonderful illustrations!
Other tidbits from this month include:
- I NEED to try this ombre glassware DIY (from Studio DIY, of course)
- While I rarely spend a great amount of time on my hair, I love the idea of this pull-through braid
- Take a peek at this beautiful Bridesmaids Party from The House that Lars Built
- Technically these downloadable wallpapers were created for April, but I can't help sharing! (Created by my friend Lila)
- Beautiful paper lettering by Charlotte Smith
- I am still trying to decide which one of these pins by Hello! Lucky I want to purchase...
- Over the past few months I have been slowly shifting to more natural products, and I really appreciated this nail polish guide!
- I loved learning more about The Social Type through Oh So Beautiful Paper's Behind the Stationary series.
Personally, my favorite moments from March were spent in Portland with my family, and outside enjoying the warmer Spring weather. I can't wait to see what April will bring!