Friends, this is one of my very favorite cards I’ve ever worked on because it features not just my lettering but my illustration as well! I always love adding in elements that remind me of my own wedding day (white converse for dancing!) when working on wedding cards. I hope you could picture yourself giving this card to your friends and family.
Today I’m sharing a couple recent cards I’ve collaborated on. I always love seeing how designers incorporate my lettering into their designs.
My cousin Liesel got married June 1 in Lawrence and I’ve had the best time reliving the weekend through all her photos by the talented Moriah Ruth Photography! It was so special to get to celebrate someone I grew up with (and I was also there the moment she met Sean!). Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Callahan!
This month was possibly one of the most anticipated months of my entire life! It almost seems surreal that it has come and gone, so much has happened. Over the past few weeks I hosted a bridal shower for my friend Macy, celebrated with our St. Louis friends the weekend before match day with a "Matchelorette" party, found out Dale will be in KC for his internal medicine residency, closed on our house, traveled to San Antonio for Macy's bachelorette weekend, and to top it all off this weekend we will be moving most of our things to the new house! With all that has been going on it's no surprise that a lot of my discoveries around the web this month are home/decor related, and this hotel in Charleston has officially become my inspiration! It was one of the most stunning home tours I have seen recently, definetely head over to Design Sponge to see everything!
- In other home-related news, I loved Brighton's tips for organizing your fridge and Laura's unpaper towel DIY! Both will be super useful as we get settled in our new kitchen.
- Some new-to-me information, the best order to apply skincare products
- A general Spring cleaning guide!
- This month was not my best month in terms of healthy eating, but I would love to try this (maybe healthier?ha) dessert!
- I always love seeing how other people get organized.
- The most beautiful dramatic lighting for wedding photos!
- My most favorite Easter inspiration of the season: these over the top cakes from Think.Make.Share.!
- Another recipe on my list!
- And some lovely photos from one of our favorite places we ate in Austin, Hillside Farmacy.
Happy Easter, everyone!
Last week Hallmark shared some beautiful wedding gift wrap ideas over on Think.Make.Share. and I was one of the designers who got to spend some time exploring unique ways to wrap gifts! Take a peek at the whole post for lots of ideas! It's hard to top handmade bows and gems.
I can't believe it but our wedding was two whole years ago! In honor of our anniversary here are a few of my favorite moments from the day. I am still so grateful for the beautiful photos Rusty took for us! Just like last year I wish we were getting married all over again. June 6, 2015 was my favorite day.
May is one of my favorite months of the year, and my allergies haven't even been quite as terrible as normal! This month I traveled to Chicago for a work event, tried a Soul Cycle class, attended Hallmark's Creative Leadership Symposium (and a Gemma O'Brien Meet & Greet!), spent Mother's Day in KC (complete with a delicious lunch and the Symphony Designers' Showhouse), watched my youngest sister, Grace, graduate from sixth grade, participated in a piñata making workshop for one of #My5Days, marbled paper with my team at work, and continued working on Mother's Day 2018 cards!
Looking back, this month was filled with some pretty special opportunities and lots of making. One of my favorite parts of these posts is thinking back on what I accomplished during the last month, and of course seeing what inspired me. I have been constantly impressed by Nick Misani's Fauxsaics. They are stunning! If you haven't already seen them be sure to take a look. I noticed on Instagram he might be teaching a class to share his process, which would definitely be something I would need to sign up for. Here are some of my other favorite finds this May:
- I love this faux-flower DIY from Sugar & Cloth!
- These are the perfect shorts to celebrate warmer weather.
- An interesting read, good thoughts for business owners and those working corporate jobs.
- A beautiful home in Berlin.
- I would love to try making these smoothies, they are so pretty!
- A great guide to pressing flowers, I also want to get Beci Orpin's new book, Sunshine Spaces.
- I don't need these pineapple earrings, but they sure are cute!
- Create*Cultivate in New York looked amazing, and these thoughts on Instagram are worth reading.
- New balloons from Studio DIY!
- I've been dreaming about an outdoor space at our next place, and I loved Emily's patio.
- AND Pippa got married this month!
Until next month, happy reading!
Happy Monday, friends! Today I wanted to share a recent wedding suite I created for my neighbor, Addie. My favorite detail was the watercolor greenery in her envelope liners. Enjoy!