Hi, friends! I took last week off from the blog to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family. I love all the traditions during this season, and we were especially lucky that Dale had the day off on Thursday so he could join in all our festivities too! This month I hosted a baby shower for one of my best friends from college, celebrated Friendsgiving twice, and started decorating out house for Christmas for the first time. At work I’ve been busy working on Christmas product for next year, so my holiday spirit is in full swing! This was a also a big shopping month for me as I started buying presents, and a few things for myself as well. This Blue Clay face mask from Herbivore has by far been my favorite beauty find the month:
Next year I would love to make a wreath or swag for my door during November. I love this swag for inspiration!
Grace’s Cat Lady Gift Guide has been one of my favorites so far
We have family in Chicago so I am bookmarking this guide for our next visit!
The perfect potato soup for a snowy day in, my favorite recipe we tried this month
My New Year’s plans may need to include a champagne tower this year…
Beautiful Fall color inspiration
I never would have paired disco balls and died palm leaves, but it’s a new favorite
Cocktail tray inspiration perfect for December parties
Thankful for you!
Fall is upon us! September has been one of the most relaxing months I have had in awhile, and other than Dale working nights for a few weeks was really wonderful. This month I spent time with friends, attended Made in the Middle, shopped at Hallmarket, and went to the Plaza Art Fair. It felt great to wrap up our Europe photo book and GoPro video and I’ve done lots of yard work! I never knew getting grass seed going could feel so satisfying. Here are a few of my favorite finds around the web this month:
Lately I’ve been fascinated by unique installments at events. I loved the one above which is from an event Geneva from A Pair & A Spare attended.
I’ve been in the mood for some new projects, maybe sewing these pants is up next?
With the onset of pumpkin everything I couldn’t help but try out this pumpkin muffin recipe.
The most beautiful space to get a facial.
Some great lettering inspiration. I love these roundups.
Serial has returned, but I would love to watch some of these crime documentaries too!
I discovered Ashley Fox this month, her floral designs are stunning.
I’m getting excited (really early) to decorate my house for Christmas. Maybe I need these stockings?
Some unique balloon arch ideas.
Always obsessed with flower arranging ideas, especially from Think.Make.Share.
I still feel like early Fall has the ability to put me in the back-to-school mindset, even though nothing about my work routine changes this time of year. This September was no exception, and I am really proud of myself for creating new personal lettering pieces, seeking out an exciting new opportunity at work, and making lots of time for friends, family and fitting in a quick trip to LA. Because this is Dale's last year of school in St. Louis I am trying especially hard to make the most of each weekend surrounded by our friends and the amazing home we have created in the Central West End. Now for my favorites this month:
- These stunning floral arrangements by Bespoke Events were by far my most favorite piece of inspiration this month. I discovered them on SF Girl's beautifully redesigned website, and I have to say I would love to attempt adding Pampas Grass Flowers into my own arrangements...
- A pair (literally almost any pair) of Loeffler Randall shoes are on my wish list!
- Despite the extreme heat we experienced this month, this DIY from Oh Happy Day has me super excited for all the leaves to change.
- Saving this reference on Calligraphy on Marble
- You've seen it, I've seen it, (and by it I mean the beautiful Bonjour New York mosaic in the new Sézane store in NYC!) Adding it to my New York bucket list.
- I just started following Windy Chien on Instagram and also happened across this lovely feature on her work by A Pair & A Spare.
- A lovely new card collection featuring many of my talented Hallmark coworkers is out now! It is all based off artist sketchbooks.
- Enjoyed browsing Ben Wagner's portfolio, I especially loved this branding for Artist Louise Dean.
- I'm all about the idea of metallic gold grout that this Wit & Delight post shared.
- And another pasta recipe I know we will make soon!
And there you have it! As I mentioned earlier, this month was definitely one of change and growth. Yet the best moments were still the ones spent going on a best friend trip, celebrating my cousin's wedding, spending a weekend with my Sister-in-Law and her family in St. Louis, and fitting in an Octoberfest celebration plus a few happy hours. This September I'm grateful for all the people in my life who encourage me to work hard, and make the work all worth it. Now I'm officially ready for all the Fall activities this October will bring.
Enjoy your Friday, friends!
Hello, friends! February has just flown by. Between a busy season at work, Valentine's Day, my birthday, and time spent in Kansas City this month was full of time spent with family and friends. This month was also full of quite a lot of online inspiration. My absolute favorite was We Are Scout's interview with Liz Payne about her Liz Payne x Gorman collaboration. The patterns and details in her collection are stunning. Maybe they ship to the US?? Here are a few other links that caught my attention:
- One of my favorite birthday gifts I received! Anthropologie always has the best frames.
- Eager to test out this DIY Knot Pillow
- I spent a day in Seville when I traveled to Spain in college, but Geneva's guide has it back on my travel wish list. (It is one of KC's sister cities!)
- Although I rarely mention it here on the blog , I commute each week between St. Louis and Kansas City, and over the past few years have grown very accustomed to filling my drives with podcasts. Can't wait to test out some of these!
- You can never have too many notebook DIYs
- I will be participating in a paper flower workshop at work in a couple of weeks, and Rie Elise Larsen's work has me very inspired.
- One of my college classmate's illustrated this beautiful print!
- Pink & Green
- I am almost positive these are completely sold out, but I'm crossing my fingers they do a restock soon!
- My lovely friend Lisa's baby nursery is on Think.Make.Share. this month!
Until next month, enjoy!
Hello, friends! Between family obligations, weddings, and work October flew by. So while a bit delayed, here are a few of my favorites this month. First, I am SO excited to share that I am featured in Southern Weddings Magazine Volume 9! While it's official debut isn't until November 10th, the cover has been revealed. I'm thrilled at how the feature I contributed to turned out, and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to share more details!
- One of my favorite reads this month, shared by the Intelligent Change Weekly Email
- While Halloween has passed, I loved this DIY from Think.Make.Share. I can totally picture a Christmas version (or even Thanksgiving)
- I baked my first ever pie this month! This recipe turned out perfectly.
- This definitely gave me a few ideas for additions to my own pantry...
- Miami looks like the perfect place for a girls trip!
- Apple Cider is one of my favorite parts of Fall, and this Spiced Bourbon version looks delicious.
- Loved the simplicity and beauty of these invitations.