Halloween is right around the corner and I have gathered some of my favorite inspiration for this spooky season! I’ve never thought of adding so many peachy shades into a Halloween palette, but I think it’s a nice way to mix things up from the traditional black and orange. Happy decorating!
It's hard to believe 2017 is almost over! This time of year always flies by with the holidays, but I still can't believe that tomorrow is December 1st. This month was full of celebration — I went to two weddings, spent a weekend with close friends visiting us in St. Louis, and we made it through our elaborate Thanksgiving festivities. I also led a fun workshop, designed an entire calendar, and created some lettering I'm really proud of (and will someday get to share!). AND Dale and I got some new photos taken (thanks, Bethany!) which I will be sharing here very soon! Around the web this month I loved seeing Cassandra's Flora & Henri feature. Interior, both home and retail, spaces have really caught my eye lately. Here are a few other favorites:
- Two of my favorite One Room Challenge reveals: The House That Lars Built and Sugar & Cloth
- I would love to try Shibori!
- This DIY has had me pondering which of my sweaters could use a few pom-poms...
- We did not cook very much this month, but once we have a free night at home I would love to try out this pasta recipe
- And a few more interior spaces
- Join Hallmark's Christmas Card Challenge!
- Some of my lettering featured on a Walmart Photo Card!
Grateful for a lot this year.
Happy Friday, friends! It has finally started to feel like Fall but I definitely enjoyed the warmer weather we had most of the month. This October had some big moments — I moved back to my original team at Hallmark in the lettering studio, we celebrated Dale's 26th birthday, my sister Sophie spent her birthday weekend visiting us in St. Louis, and of course we attended a Halloween party (with our whole group dressed as Mario Kart). Here are a few of my favorite finds this month:
- I loved Paper & Stitch's Fall Style Guide, I am feeling inspired to start making my own real mood boards.
- Dreaming of Dubai...
- This moon party would be lovely, Halloween season or not.
- A beautiful home in LA, especially the light and airy pink bedroom.
- Mustard inspiration.
- Sugar & Cloth shared this beautiful pillow DIY, and my only hesitation is whether or not our kitty Otto would destroy it...
- One of the highlights of my month was receiving my first Oui Fresh Beauty Box! I have to say I am really impressed with the quality and selection in the first box, I can't wait for my November one to arrive.
- These blush boots are on my wish list.
- I'm planning on testing out this minestrone recipe next month!
- So many statement sleeves
Summer has officially arrived, and I can't believe June is already coming to a close! This month Dale and I spent time celebrating our friends' birthdays in Lawrence, I visited my cousin Liesel in Richmond, we celebrated Megan and Matt's wedding in Kansas City, and spent a weekend at home in St. Louis. Dale and I visited the Johnson Shut-Ins and had a lovely dinner at Scarlett's Wine Bar for our two year wedding anniversary! While not overly relaxing, this month was filled with time spent with our dearest friends and family and we still have more celebrations to look forward to this summer. This was also a busy month at work filled with special projects and work on cards I can't wait to share when they finally reach stores!
With the warm weather I have also been wanting to try making homemade popsicles, and the web did not disappoint with two (very different) recipes that both look delicious! The first is the Pitaya Popsicle from Glitter Guide, and the second is a frosé popsicle from Camille Styles. Here are some other finds this June:
- I loved browsing these beautiful cards by Moglea on Print & Pattern
- I'm always on the hunt for book and podcast suggestions — Grace's June reading list looks wonderful and I can't wait to listen to some of these Creative Podcast suggestions
- Think.Make.Share.'s terrarium ideas would be perfect gifts year-round beyond Father's Day
- This dress looks like the perfect summer addition to my wardrobe.
- Keeping this backdrop tip in mind for future parties!
- Dale and I are planning a Europe trip for next summer and are hoping to visit Southern France after Lisbon. Julia's photos from Provence and Victoria's guide to Lisbon have both been inspiring!
- I am in need of a new toiletry bag and I have my eye on this one from Mark and Graham.