May is one of my favorite months of the year, and my allergies haven't even been quite as terrible as normal! This month I traveled to Chicago for a work event, tried a Soul Cycle class, attended Hallmark's Creative Leadership Symposium (and a Gemma O'Brien Meet & Greet!), spent Mother's Day in KC (complete with a delicious lunch and the Symphony Designers' Showhouse), watched my youngest sister, Grace, graduate from sixth grade, participated in a piñata making workshop for one of #My5Days, marbled paper with my team at work, and continued working on Mother's Day 2018 cards!
Looking back, this month was filled with some pretty special opportunities and lots of making. One of my favorite parts of these posts is thinking back on what I accomplished during the last month, and of course seeing what inspired me. I have been constantly impressed by Nick Misani's Fauxsaics. They are stunning! If you haven't already seen them be sure to take a look. I noticed on Instagram he might be teaching a class to share his process, which would definitely be something I would need to sign up for. Here are some of my other favorite finds this May:
- I love this faux-flower DIY from Sugar & Cloth!
- These are the perfect shorts to celebrate warmer weather.
- An interesting read, good thoughts for business owners and those working corporate jobs.
- A beautiful home in Berlin.
- I would love to try making these smoothies, they are so pretty!
- A great guide to pressing flowers, I also want to get Beci Orpin's new book, Sunshine Spaces.
- I don't need these pineapple earrings, but they sure are cute!
- Create*Cultivate in New York looked amazing, and these thoughts on Instagram are worth reading.
- New balloons from Studio DIY!
- I've been dreaming about an outdoor space at our next place, and I loved Emily's patio.
- AND Pippa got married this month!